A lovely friend of mine, Lulu from Berry Diaries has nominated me for the Liebster Award.
I am soooooo blooming excited! How cool is that?! Thank you fellow Lulu!
It's basically an award given to new and up and coming blogs by other bloggers. A way of getting to know other bloggers out there, who also have less than 200 followers.
Here's how it works:
- Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
- Answer the questions that the nominator set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve nominated to answer.
- Choose 11 lovely blogs and link them in your post.
- Go to their page and let them know!
11 things about me
1. I have a big family. My mother was one of 6 and my Dad one of 5. I have a lot of cousins! Amazing family Christmas'!
2. I am half Australian... I have possibly the most laid-back (practically horizontal) father around.
3. I love 'me' time: I am perfectly happy spending a day on my own. At the moment I have taken to wandering around town, sitting in a coffee shop and nursing a latte for far too long, reading a book. However I'm not quite on my own. Pippa is with me! Obviously. She's not the best conversationalist yet but her raspberry blowing skills are astounding.
4.Orange squash makes me wheeze. I can't explain it but it just does! I go all tight-chested. Other flavours seem to have no effect at all. Odd.
5. I used to have a half-sister. She very sadly died when she was 20.
6. I am about to move to my 3rd house in 2 years.
7. I really can't be bothered with big nights out anymore. I love long boozy, evenings in with friends, or a drawn out afternoon at a restaurant or in the pub though.
8. I absolutely love house building or renovation programmes on telly. I would love to do that one day.
9. A pet hate: I can't stand it when shop assistants natter to each other when they're supposed to be serving you….it's just rude!!
10. I'd like to retire in Devon.
11. I love stationary. Buying new stationary at the beginning of the year or being given a new exercise book was one of the few things I loved about school. That and school choir! Ha random!
It's surprising what random ideas or facts come to mind when you have to brain dump quickly!
Questions for me from Lulu:
1. Why do you Blog?
Mainly as a form of diary for myself and family & friends to be able to look back on in years to come. Although I'd like to start including stuff to actually interest others: issues about motherhood, life and the sort of posts I love to read on other people's blogs.
2. Favourite post that you have ever written?
Probably my "Breast is best" post. I wrote about my experiences with breastfeeding. These are the sorts of posts I'd like to write more of.
3. Top 3 Favourite books that you have ever read?
I love to read and I know I have missed some whoppers, but I have a mind blank....!
Coming Home by Rosamund Pilcher
The Far Pavillions by M. M. Kaye
A bit of a cheat here...anything by Dan Brown or J.K.Rowling!
4. Favourite city?
Salzburg or Sienna
5. When I grow up I want to write a blog as cool as......
Alice Harold's More Than Toast
6. Dream job if money were no object?
Hmmmmm....I don't know! I could've given you lots of different answers a year ago but now, as cheesy as it sounds, being a Mummy is satisfying pretty much all my yearnings. The only thing I'd change is to be able to study something, or at least feel like I'm using my brain. Right now I feel as if any intellectualism I had is slowly evaporating! If money were no object I'd love to just work 2 days a week, but do something really challenging and satisfying on those days. If anyone has any ideas what job that could be then let me know!
7. Shoes or Handbags?
Handbags. Can't have enough. Ever! Plus, I am crap at walking in heels.
8. My perfect chilled out Sunday would include...
A lazy morning with a lie-in (as in 8.30am), eggs benedict/royale for breafast, a long walk with Rufus, Husband and Pip, then meet friends for lunch in a pub where we while away the rest of the afternoon playing silly boardgames. Then home for a filthy takeaway of some description. Oh and a good film, PJ's and a big, squishy sofa. Soooo wild!
9. The one 'healthy' habit I wish I could stick to is....
Doing some form of exercise every day.
10. What do you usually have for Breakfast?
If I'm feeling lazy then either a bowl of cereal (bran flakes or Shreddies) or toast with peanut butter. If I am feeling virtuous (which I tend to do for a couple of weeks and then slide back to laziness) I'll have a smoothie or porridge with lots of fruit and yoghurt. Need to get the virtuous days to outnumber the lazy ones!
11. Current Obsession?
Highchairs. Researching every one that has ever been made. I have concluded that the one I want does not yet exist. Oh and pureeing for Britain.....actually surprisingly satisfying!
Right, now for my 11 questions....(I'm going to cheat here and steal one of Lulu's as I am always up for book recommendations!)
My questions for you girls!
1. What are your three favourite books you've ever read?
2. What is your biggest pet hate?
3. What would be your biggest ambition for 2013?
4. Recount a happy memory from childhood.
5. If you could hold a dinner party for 6 people of your choice (dead or alive), who would you choose?
6. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Blogs I've nominated
And the 11 lovely bloggers I'd like to nominate for the Liebster Award: (I confess that I am not entirely sure how to work out how many followers someone has so if any of you have more than 200, which I'm sure you do, then I apologise! Apparently I have 2 followers on Google+, but I'd like to think a few more read all this waffle than that! Anyone? Helloooo?)
1. Rachel at The Little Pip
2. The lovely lady at Mama London (she likes to remain anonymous)
3. Steffi at Bumps, Babies and Stethoscopes
4. Another lovely lady at Little E and Bean
5. Elspeth at Yellow Fields
6. Julia at Tea, Cake and My Boy
7. Josie at Oh! You Pretty Things
8. Wendy at Red Boots
9. Alice at More Than Toast (She has way over 200 followers but I'd love to hear her answers!)
10. Emma at Adventures of an Unfit Mother
11. Charlotte at The Crumbly Mummy
There! All done, looking forward to seeing all your answers ladies!!