8 Apr 2013

An amazing find

I just had to post about this place we went to for lunch, it was that good. 

Today we travelled to a village just outside Henley, called Stonor, where we went for lunch with friends at a place called The Quince Tree.  It's fairly newly built (on the site of an old pub) and is a restaurant, cafe, deli, pub, farm shop all in one. We went to the cafe bit, but it's not like any cafe I've been to before, the food was amazing! 

Husband had the venison scotch egg deli board........very appropriate as there were loooads of Fallow deer
milling about!

I had the caesar salad, complete with a "crispy egg", I had been wondering how this would be acheived.  It was yum!

In the deli / farm shop section they had lots of delicious goodies and some really nice home ware and kitchen accessories, the kinds of things which will look perfect beside my big aga, in my farmhouse kitchen (in my dreams).  

We were visiting two of my favourite girl friends, one of whom is a florist and lives and works in that area.  They had a few of her gorgeous planters there for sale and she does all their floral displays too.  She is the most amazing wedding florist too so check her check her out if you've got a big day coming up......Emma Walker Flowers.




Anyway, I love the place so much that I thought it would be a great place to try and sell some of my cards or pictures.  So I am getting busy, busy, busy to try and get some more card designs on the go.  Of course, I shall have to go and see them again to try and charm them into agreeing with my brilliant plan, maybe I shall have to have lunch there again at the same time?......Oh dear, such a shame. 

Watch this space!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!