8 Nov 2014

Mini market day


I haven’t done any artwork at all since Thomas was born and have really done very little in terms of commissions or card sales in the last year. So when the opportunity came up to have a stall at a little local village fair I thought it would be the perfect way to ease myself back into it.  I am aware that my window of productivity is growing smaller (as Thomas becomes more mobile, my ability to sit and work during the day whilst Pippa is at nursery will dwindle!), but I still wanted to give it a go.  After all, I do have about 500 cards under the spare room bed I need to shift!

Last night was a late one, I was up until 2am packing cards.  I thought I had a stash ready to go….but it turns out I had just 6 made up.  So I had to get busy.  Mind numbing stuff!  






































Rufus was rather bored too.





Naturally, I arrived with about 10 minutes to spare before the doors opened to the public, so it was a mad dash to get everything in order.  But we made it and Thomas obliged by sleeping for the first 30 minutes (Pippa was being entertained at home by Uncle Ed and then Auntie Kristina!).




It was a pretty quiet day with not a massive turn out (partly due to the horrendous rainy weather), but in a way that was ideal….a nice gentle reintroduction to selling! I knew it would be quite a small-scale thing and that was fine by me as I didn’t want to take on too many commissions in the run up to Christmas, (I got a couple of commission enquiries so I hope they come to something…just one or two pieces would be perfect!).





Regardless, it felt good to get out and do something for me.  It’s nice to think that in the future it’s something I might be able to build on.....when I don't have little sprogletts in tow!




Amazing home made cakes were on offer, it would have been rude to have refused!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!